Luxury Villas and Homes

Contact us

Reservations
Email: samui@island-property-services.com
Skype: luxuryvillasandhomes
Koh Samui, Tel: + 66 (0)81 968 1001

Email: phuket@island-property-services.com
Phuket, Tel/Fax: +66 (0)76-324-225
M: +66 (0)81 787 1707

Weddings/Event Planner
Juliette Burrows
Events Manager / Wedding Planner
Email: events@thesignatureweddings.com
M: + 66 (0)81 270 0788

Property/Land Sales
Email: sales@epsamui.com
M: +66 (0)81 968 3486

Newsletter

E-mail:

Villa Maps and Locations

Phuket Villas Map and Locations

Media and Press Release

Customer Reviews

Phuket Investors Choose Luxury Villas News Feed

Phuket Investors Choose Luxury Villas

High demand from tourists is fuelling Phuket’s hot luxury property market, according to a report in The Bangkok Post and investors continue to be drawn by the island’s luxury property market – particularly its high-end villa sector.

 

According to Phattarachai Taweewong, senior manager of the research department at property consultancy firm Colliers International Thailand, mid-priced villas are enjoying strong sales. These units are classified as those priced between THB10 million and THB 40 million, and this segment of the market was the most active in 2017.

 

“Pool villas in the Thai contemporary style were the top sellers, as target buyers were mainly European,” he said. “The villa market was healthy from last year to the first quarter of this year because new supply was limited after 2016.”

 

Areas including Layan Beach, Bang Tao Beach and Surin Beach are all particularly sought-after, according to the figures. Thanks to their proximity to lifestyle developments like Laguna Phuket, they are particularly popular with investors. These properties often offer the best of both worlds to tourist guests, as they benefit from stunning ocean views, plus close proximity to an array of fantastic facilities.

 

According to data, 60 percent of the buyers in the mid-price segment were European and Russian. The remaining 40 percent were comprised of Asians from Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Japan and South Korea. Sales were also strong in the luxury segment.

 

“The mid-priced villa market will continue to be healthy in the second half of this year, as many developers are looking for plots to develop new projects, mainly in Surin Beach and Kamala Beach,” he said.

 

Research published by property consultancy firm CBRE shows that 155 resort villas were sold in Phuket last year – the highest number of units sold since 2015.

According to the stats, the top three Phuket resort property buyers were Thais, European expats and the Chinese. Prakaipeth Meechoosarn, head of advisory and transaction services for resort sales at CBRE, revealed that Russian, Chinese and European buyers are the top three markets for villa purchases.

 

“Most Chinese and Russian buyers are looking for investment products in the lower end market or units priced below THB35 million (US$1.1 million) per villa with rental returns, while Europeans are mainly looking for a vacation home,” he said. “The Phuket residential market has shifted more towards income-generating properties, rather than vacation homes.”

 

In 2018, surging visitor numbers will continue to be a key driver of demand in Phuket’s luxury property sector. This is backed up by record visitor arrivals to the island – also widely known by the popular moniker, Gem of the Andaman.

Phuket Villas & Homes 101

Phuket Real Estate Advice Phuket Rentals for a holiday Phuket Condos Phuket Houses Phuket Land Phuket Building Investing in Phuket Properties Phuket Top Tips Luxury Holiday Rentals Phuket Phuket Luxury Villa Rentals Luxury Villa Rentals Phuket Luxury Holiday Homes Phuket Phuket Luxury Homes Private Luxury Villa Rentals Phuket Phuket Luxury Holiday Villas Phuket Luxury Villas Luxury Holiday Villa Phuket Phuket Luxury Property Luxury Apartments Phuket Phuket Luxury Villas for Holiday Phuket holiday deals Holiday deals Phuket Phuket cheap holidays Cheap holidays Phuket Cheap holidays to Phuket Thailand Villas Thailand Villa Rental Thailand Vacation Luxury Villas Thailand Thailand beach villas Thailand Secluded Villas Thailand Luxurious Villas Thailand Beachfront Villas Thailand Villa Thailand Pool Villas Thailand Holiday Thailand Beach Villa Thailand Holidays Pristine Phuket The benefits of a Phuket Villa Rentals Phuket Thailand travel Villa Phuket Villas in Phuket Phuket Villa Thailand Romantic Villas Phuket Vacation Phuket Property Accommodation Thailand Villas in Thailand Holiday Villas in Thailand Holidays Thailand Holidays to Thailand Travel to Thailand Vacation Thailand Villa Rental Thailand Villa Thailand Visit Thailand Villa Rentals Phuket Phuket Villa Rentals Phuket Holiday Villas Phuket Accommodation The pearl of the Andaman Staying in Phuket Luxury Villas What is the Appeal of a Phuket Villa? Phuket Private villas Renting a Villa on Phuket Rental Villas in Phang Nga Renting a Phang Nga Villa